Benefits of Bowen Technique
What is it and how it works
Bowtech, the original Bowen Technique, is a gentle form of body work in which subtle moves performed over the muscles and connective tissue send messages deep into the body, retrieving cellular memory of a preferred, relaxed, balanced way of wellbeing. Results can be remarkable, even from the first session; often only a few sessions are needed to correct the presenting problem.
There are frequent but very essential pauses throughout the session that allows the body time to respond and begin the healing process. The practitioner can target a specific problem or address the body as a whole.
The technique addresses not only the musculoskeletal framework, but also the fascia, nerves and internal organs. The body’s integrated response improves circulation and lymphatic drainage and aids assimilation of nutrients and elimination of toxins.
Can the Bowen technique help me?
The original Bowen Technique is extremely gentle and is considered appropriate for anyone from pregnant women to newborn babies, the frail and the elderly.
It can assist recovery from many conditions, from traumatic injury to chronic illness, depending upon each individual’s capacity to heal. No adverse side effects have been reported.
The technique should be considered for:
- Back pain and sciatica
- Digestive and bowel problems including IBS
- Earache, ear infections and migraines
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Knee, ankle and foot problems
- Menstrual and hormonal irregularities
- Neck/shoulder problems including frozen shoulder
- Groin pain, pelvic tilt and uneven leg length
- Respiratory problems and hay fever
- RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Sports and accident injuries
Bowtech Web Sites: http://www.bowtech.com/WebsiteProj/Pages/About/Welcome.aspx
Bowen Assoc of Aust Website: http://www.bowen.org.au/?r=585933CE87D4222BE741C57B26C0984F