Meditation is becoming widely recognised as beneficial for your health and wellbeing. There are many studies that show meditation actually reverses the impact of stress on your body, this increases your immune functioning and mental health. In fact research indicates that meditation can help you live a long, happy and life.
Georgina Whitfield a professional meditation teacher who practices in Nelson bay and Sydney . In a joint venture with Nikki Shilling from Yogasphere, she is now offering regular classes at One Mile.
Georgina’s meditation classes focus on supporting people to deeply rest and relax through mindfulness based meditation practices. They combine short meditations, that help to develop new skills, with longer meditations that allow the mind to become peaceful.
She uses seated and laying meditation postures and group discussion.
Running over 6 weeks, the 1 hour meditation classes, are easy and affordable. Most people find that dedicating this small amount of time to meditation, makes the rest of the week more enjoyable and less stressful.
The skills people learn in the meditation classes will help to:
- Develop the ability to maintain and deepen calmness.
- To experience a true inner peace.
- And to relieve pain and tension relax in their body.
People who have attended meditation classes with Georgina report that:
- They sleep better after the meditation class.
- They laugh more readily and are more joyful.
- Can move through their days more peacefully.
- That they have less emotional and physical pain.
- And that they can think more clearly, without getting lost in their thoughts.